Informations: Our flagship wetsuit boot for warm water conditions (>16C), the 2MM Custom Reef provides heavy-duty protection against sharp sea-floor in an ultra-light, barely there package. Surf, SUP, Kite, Windsurf, Kayak: the Custom Reef lets you focus on performance with no worry of shredding your feet. Our obsession with booties means the lightest, best-performing reef boot on the market has stepped up several notches for 2020, featuring improved board feel, grip, flexibility, comfort, puncture resistance and durability. How'd we make the world's best reef boot even better? 1. Our natural rubber sole pods are made with a softer, tackier, more flexible compound for improved traction both on a board and on slippery rocks. 2. Our heat-moldable Thermo-Form sole has also been updated with a softer, more comfortable formula which stays soft in colder temps. 3. We have completely redesigned our velcro ankle strap, co-molding the textile strap to the rubber sole and introducing a flexible, durable Tatex-coated hook strap for a stronger hold. 4. All rubber sole-pods on the Custom Reef are co-molded with a puncture-resistant laminate which wards off urchin spines and other sharp objects while still maintaining barefoot-like board feel. Recommended Water Temps: 16+C. Hardfacts:
- Heat-moldable with boiling water for the perfect custom fit.
- NEW softer-compound Thermo-Form sole for next-level comfort, warmth, dexterity, and durability.
- Internal split-toe locks your foot inside the boot for precise response.
- NEW super-tacky and flexible 1mm vulcanized rubber sole pods for barefoot board feel, grip, and abrasion resistance.
- 2mm perforated Airprene upper with comfy flat-stitch seams allows free-flow of water to keep feet cool and comfortable.
- Abrasion-resistant Supratex II outer lining keeps sand/sediment out of the boots and deflects rock/reef scratches.
- NEW full-wrap ankle strap co-molded into the sole improves durability.
- NEW Tatex-coated hook strap improves durability and holding power.
- Elastic cord-lock cuff secured to outside of cuff for easy-reach, one-hand tightening.
Sizing Tip: Order your regular shoe size or 1/2 size down. For example, if you are a size 10.5, order a 10. Women should order 1-1.5 sizes lower to convert from Men's sizing. So if you are a Women's 8, order a Men's 7. If you are a Women's 8.5, also order a Men's 7. NOTE: If your feet are exceptionally narrow or low volume, you may want to size down even more.
If you have Average/Wide Feet: You should purchase your sneaker size or 1/2 size smaller. Solite Boots should fit tight out of the box, but the heat molding process will stretch them to the perfect size. If your boots feel too big out of the box in any dimension (length/width/arch), then we suggest you try a size down. Even if they feel tight out of the box, heat molding will expand the boots to a snug but comfortable fit.
NOTE: If you plan to use the 1mm Heat Booster Socks inside your boots, you may not have to size down. In fact, if you have wide feet you may even want to size up 1/2 size if you plan to use the 1mm Heat Booster Socks. For example, if you are a wide size 10.5 and plan to use the 1mm Heat Booster Socks, a size 11 may be a better fit. This is particularly applicable to the 6mm boots, which won't stretch in heat-molding as much as 3mm boots.
If you have Narrow/Low-Volume Feet: You can size down 1 to even 2 sizes from your sneaker size! By heat-molding, the boot will stretch to fit your length, and narrow/reduce volume to hug your narrower foot. Once again, the 3mm Boots will stretch more easily in heat-molding than the 6mm boots, so keep this in mind when choosing.